Phonegap:What it is and How to install
The software underlying PhoneGap is Apache Cordova. The software was previously called just “PhoneGap”, then “Apache Callback”. Apache Cordova is open source software.
To Be Noted:
To add support or rebuild a project for any platform, you need to run the command-line interface from the same machine that supports the platform’s SDK. The CLI supports the following combinations:
- iOS (Mac)
- Amazon Fire OS (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- Android (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- BlackBerry 10 (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- Windows Phone 7 (Windows)
- Windows Phone 8 (Windows)
- Windows 8 (Windows)
- Firefox OS (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- On the Mac, the command-line is available via the Terminal application. On the PC, it’s available as Command Prompt under Accessories.
Installation Using Terminal/Cmd:
1. To Install, ensure that you have NodeJS installed, then open your commandline and run the following:
$ sudo npm install -g phonegap
2. Using Phonegap
$ phonegap create my-app
$ cd my-app
$ phonegap run android
Age 18, A nerd , A geek, Techno Savy, Web Designer and a god programmer.
He is a developer and has his apps on Google Play. Here he will provide you with his views on the latest news about the world of technology, business and science. He will also provide you with some how-to-do’s and walkthrough’s.